FENG SHUI ADVICE FOR BEDROOMS
Feng shui is an ancient art and science developed over 3000 years ago in China. It is a complex wisdom that reveals how to balance the energies of any given space to assure health and good fortune for people inhabiting it. Feng means wind and shui means water. In Chinese culture wind and water are associated with good health, thus good feng shui came to mean good fortune, while bad feng shui means bad luck, or misfortune.
In feng shui a bedroom is meant to be a space that is fun and pleasurable to be in – whether you are there for a quick nap, a good night sleep or just to relax!
FENG SHUI TIPS FOR BEDROOMS
Open the windows and keep the room fresh and full of oxygen. The windows should be opened every day (even when its cold) to get rid of stagnant and stale air.
• Light is considered a strong manifestation of energy in Feng Shui and candles are considered very good lighting for bedrooms. Make sure that they don’t contain any toxins.
• Dimmer switches allow you to adjust the light energy according to your needs.
• In Feng Shui soothing colours are recommended to achieve balance and the best ow of energy and promote restorative sleep. “Skin colours” are considered perfect for bedrooms – they vary from pale white to rich chocolate brown.
• Images carry powerful Feng Shui energy and should be chosen wisely in your bedroom. Choose images that inspire you and
are about what you want to see happening in your life.
• Television and other electronic equipment are not recommended in the bedroom.
• When it comes to your bed, it should be easily approachable from both sides, you should have two bedside tables (they don’t have to be the same). The bed should not be in a direct line with the door. Place the bed in a position where you can easily see who is coming in the door. Placing your bed in a powerful position will help you feel safe and in control of your personal space.
• Don’t clutter the space underneath your bed as it stops the circulation of energy around
your bed while you are sleeping. There should be a clear walkway around all your furniture. Carefully plan and choose furniture that is appropriate to your room size.
• Feng Shui advises ordering items in pairs. The human mind needs symmetry and order to achieve peace of mind.
• Natural fibres are important in creating a harmonious ow of Feng Shui energy.
• All doors and drawers should be kept closed at night – the closet doors, en-suite bathroom and the bedroom door. Shut doors help you feel safe, secure and will bring you peace of mind.
• The bedroom should always a be clean and tidy space. If your room is cluttered, your mind will feel cluttered too and make it difficult for you to focus during the day and sleep well at night.
ABOUT SLEEP AND BEDDING